Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Softball

So my latest adventure is that I joined the work-sponsored softball team. As you may recall, I said I needed a new project after I dropped out of guitar class.


You might say I was deprived as a child because I never played team sports. I played sports in PE, which was lame, but I never played on an actual team.


This is my first time to wear a jersey with my name on it, to sit in a dugout, to do team practices. Last Sunday I got my first hit and made it to first base! But I also got whacked in the knee with a softball during practice, resulting in a large purple bruise, and strained my muscle sprinting to first base, making it painful to walk for a couple of days. Ouch. We also lost both of our first games, double ouch.


We'll see how this adventure goes.

No comments: