Saturday, July 29, 2006

Birthday interview

My interview with Stuart Ian Burns, creator of feeling listless, is posted over at the site. The site has been a favorite of mine since I had the good fortune to come across it on Blogger's list of recently updated blogs one night back in 2003. It was artistic and British and introspective and unlike any other thing I had encountered on the web. From the beginning I have been curious about the how's and why's of the site and its enigmatic author, and I thought the five-year anniversary might be a good occasion to finally ask about it.

I think the result turned out really well. It certainly answered my questions, plus it was fun to reminisce a little about the past few years on the site and to get a 'behind-the-scenes' view into the blog. And what can I say, Stu is an interesting guy, it's rare that you encounter anyone that interesting in life, online or off, so the opportunity to interview him was a fun one for me.

I encourage anyone new to the site to look through some of the earlier posts mentioned in the interview. I meant what I said at the end of the interview, it really is a great collection and you will find it well worth your time.

It was a real honor to be included in the fifth anniversary of feeling listless. Thanks, Stu, and best wishes.

No comments: