Saturday, September 16, 2006

Top 10 Nostalgia Shows

My top 10 nostalgia shows. I'm talking pre-2000 shows that I would totally watch a marathon of if I came across it while channel-surfing. Apologies in advance, I know this list sounds like an episode of "I Love the 90's".

  • Picket Fences - This was a show about Rome, Wisconsin, the weirdest town in the world. A pretty mature show for me to watch at age 12 or 13, but that was part of the appeal.
  • Blossom - My slightly nerdy, introspective teen role model.
  • The Wonder Years - Two words: Kevin Amold. *cracks up*
  • Full House - Growing up as the oldest of three sisters, I could relate to this show. Could never decide whether I was more like DJ, the oldest, or Stephanie, who was my age.
  • Saved by the Bell - Spent way too much of my childhood watching Zach, Screech, Kelly, Slater, Lisa, and Jesse. I watched an episode of this the other day and still thought it was funny.
  • Murphy Brown - Why I wanted to work in the news.
  • Quantum Leap - Loved the concept of this show plus Sam Becket is still my ideal man of all time.
  • Hey Dude - A Nickelodeon show about a bunch of teenagers who work on a ranch. Cheese factor was very high even for a kids show.
  • Party of Five - Theme music alone is worth watching this show for. Mopey, but you'd be, too, if your parents died.
  • Dawson's Creek - Caveat: first two seasons only. Dawson and Joey, that song by Sixpence None the Richer, the Paula Cole theme song. Sigh, this show is the 90's for me.

1 comment:

NewMexiKen said...

Northern Exposure for me.