Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Reading habits

As of today, the class I'm taking is over. Which means I can put aside deep philosophical essays and read whatever I want. Currently in line waiting to be read: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling, The Blind Side by Michael Lewis, A Mighty Heart by Mariane Pearl, and La Bella Figura: A Field Guide to the Italian Mind by Beppe Severgnini. My "eyes are bigger than my stomach" when it comes to books. I check out four books from the library, there's usually no chance in hell of my being able to read them all before they're due. And then I have this (bad?) habit of starting one book, reading a few chapters, then starting another because I have the attention span of a 12-year-old. It's hilarious because my sister reads books exactly opposite of me. She is always reading exactly one very serious book at a time. It will take her months to read, but when she finally finishes it she really has a great understanding of it. This is probably a better way to read books, but I'm way too impatient for it.

No comments: