Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Top 10 lists for 2006

I've gotten into the habit at the end of each year of making lists of the most memorable things I read/watched/listened to, and I thought I'd share that here this year. Yes, I'm aware that many of these were not released in 2006.

Books - Not a big year for heavy reading. I think Madam Secretary was my Mount Everest this year.
  • Ash Wednesday Ethan Hawke - surprisingly good book written by a celebrity
  • Blue Like Jazz Donald Miller
  • Freakonomics Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner
  • Harry Potter, Books 1-3 J.K. Rowling
  • In Her Shoes Jennifer Weiner
  • Lost and Found Carolyn Parkhurst - funny
  • Madam Secretary Madeleine Albright
  • Mockingbird : A Portrait of Harper Lee Charles J. Shields
  • White Oleander Janet Fitch
  • Why Do I Love These People? Po Bronson

Movies - Ah, the year I subscribed to Netflix.

  • 7 Up documentary series
  • Akeelah and the Bee
  • American Dreamz - hilarious satire
  • Cars
  • Click
  • The Devil Wears Prada
  • I Heart Huckabees
  • Late Night Shopping
  • The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada - looks like it was filmed in El Paso
  • World Trade Center

Music - I admit it, I listen to Top 40 radio. A lot. Some of these are songs and some are albums.

  • "At My Most Beautiful" REM
  • Chopin Ballade No. 1 in G minor
  • "Crazy" Gnarls Barkley
  • "Hate Me" Blue October - read the lyrics
  • Hopes and Fears Keane
  • Hotel Moby
  • "Over My Head" and "How to Save a Life" The Fray
  • U2: Best of 1980-1990
  • Vivaldi Concerto for Violin and Two Cellos - I heart Vivaldi
  • Why Should the Fire Die? Nickel Creek

TV - What happened to all the dramas? And it was a big year for reality TV.

  • "30 Days" - Morgan Spurlock is a genius
  • "Everybody Hates Chris"
  • "Iron Chef America"
  • "Little People, Big World"
  • "The Office"
  • Oprah Winfrey Show 20th Anniversary Collection DVD - highly recommended
  • "Project Runway" - so addicted to this show
  • "The Soup"
  • "Survivor"
  • "VH1 Nocturnal State" - best thing on TV after 1 a.m.

1 comment:

knitalittle said...

HoHoHo, Just wanted to stop by and say Merry Christmas. I agree with some of the book you like. I don't get to read much so that is why it is some of the book. Hope you have a great holiday :)