Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Randomness

So I've got a cold again. I tried to deny it for awhile and tell myself it was just bad allergies, but alas, it is not. I'm generally a healthy person, so I freak out a little when I get a cold and its accompanying fever and headaches and grogginess. I also hate to think how I might be infecting someone else with this affliction every time I breathe and/or touch something. Tomorrow is going to be an especially bad day to have a cold, since I'm scheduled to be talking for literally hours. Great.

Only a few more weeks until school is out. The weather already feels like summer. I turned the A/C on today and just basked in its coolness for awhile. Somehow hot weather doesn't appeal to me as much as it once did. I used to love everything about summer, but now I feel like I'd just as soon stay with the 80-degree weather we've been having than move on into the 90- and 100-degree weather I know is coming up.

Lately I've come down with a case of insecurity. Last night I gave a presentation and stared out at my classmates and saw no reaction whatsoever to what I was saying. I wondered if they thought I was speaking nonsense or if they were just tired. Just tired, I hope. Maybe this is why I'm a writer--so I don't have to see my audience face-to-face.

No comments: