Friday, January 01, 2010

Sun Bowl

I never really go to Sun Bowl games for the football. For me it's more about the spectacle. El Paso on display. My notes on the day:

- The sloooow Sun Bowl shuttle has me thinking I don't want to rely on public transportation in the near future.

- Stanford in red, Oklahoma in white. What else do you need to know, really?


- I have never seen Sun Bowl stadium that full. Ever.


- I was *obsessed* with the Stanford tree.



- I think part of the fun of any sporting event is the $10 lunch of nachos and Sierra Mist. Where else does that meal make sense?

- I heard two guys talking about El Paso while I was in the line to get nachos: "There's nothing to do, but everywhere you go, people are so nice." So true.

- David Archuleta is the cutest. Too bad he was facing the other side of the stadium. Here he is on the Jumbotron:


- Final score: Oklahoma 31, Stanford 27. Didn't see the end of the game, unfortunately, because I had to work. But I saw most of what I wanted to see. I had an amazing time with my older cousin who doesn't live around here.

- Great bowl game. Let's do it again next year :-).

2 comments:

Living El Paso said...

Ah, I wish I could have been there! I would love to see the Sun Bowl packed like that every home game during the Fall.

I saw that Archuleta ate at Avilas...would you have taken him there or some other place?

Annette said...

Avila's is good with me. Some would say Chico's but it's not for everyone.