Saturday, April 28, 2007

Another Saturday and I have had the house all to myself for the day. I really like this. Too much alone time can do damage to one's soul, but in smaller doses it's definitely restorative. I can listen to music and watch whatever TV shows I want. The Soup was really funny today.

I also haven't listened to music in what seems like forever. Pandora is way cool. "King of Pain", haven't heard that one in a while. That song is unintentionally funny. "There's a skeleton choking on a crust of bread." What?

Some job-related decisions have come up and they have forced me to start thinking about what I really want out of a job. And I really don't know. I mean, you can't just sit around reading books and blogs all day, you gotta find something useful to do. In general, I'm not very ambitious when it comes to having a career. Is that bad? I'd rather be happy than "successful" by the world's standards. I don't want to be living on the streets totally useless not being able to get a job. But at the same time, I don't want to have a job that I hate that I do just for the money.

What about having a job that you doesn't challenge you, with the view that you use the job to fund other aspects of your life? A "day job" with the other job being, for example, writing on your blog?

It relates back to the advice of my favorite song: you get what you give. The more you put into a career, the more you'll get back. But right now I don't know how much I want to give.

No comments: