Friday, September 28, 2012

Another Friday night. I'm hyped up instead of tired, possibly because of the Cafe Mocha I had at Starbucks. Though halfway through drinking it I was convinced it was actually hot chocolate because it tasted really sweet and not coffee-like.

Lately I've been obsessing over time management. It just seems like I have so little free time that I wonder exactly what I should be doing with the time I do have. Web design seems to fit the bill, since it's both creative and an investment in my career. Spending time with people is a must, for my sanity mostly. No, seriously, because it's the right thing to do, and it makes all other things seem unimportant. That leaves a tiny little sliver for other pursuits, and that's the part I obsess about. I wonder if TV should be a part of that time at all, or if I should cut out Project Runway and Chopped. Should I use it for extra sleep? Read a novel? Write a tweet? Write a blog post? Research money or health or fashion? Watch a movie? Read about spirituality? Do more work stuff? I'm always convinced there is something I'm not doing that I should be doing, some area of my life I'm lagging in that one day is going to come back to haunt me.

I even turned to the Internet and came upon some tables, charts and tips. Really, most of this stuff is common sense or things I've already read over the years. But I think it shows my desperation.

It is a situation that calls for asking myself some tough questions, like what is *really* important to me? Where is my heart, really, as evidenced by how I spend my time? I ask myself, if I'm doing A, then I'm giving up B, so is thing A really, truly worth doing? Ugh, maybe I am obsessing about this too much. Or maybe I need to quit some things so as to free up more time so I don't feel like this.

No comments: