Thursday, August 10, 2006

Summer viewing

Because the shows I watch during the regular season are in reruns, I've found a few replacement shows to be obsessed with this summer:
  • Project Runway. Catty, talented designers fight it out on the runway. Unlike a lot of reality shows these people actually have skills, i.e. actually went to design school, run fashion businesses, etc. Tim Gunn is my favorite.
  • Reruns of The Office (American version). My sister got me hooked on this show. The American version is not as good as the British one- it's way less subtle than the Brit one and can get over-the-top with the stupidity of the boss, but it's probably still the funniest sitcom in current production. There are a few episodes I've watched that make me laugh just thinking about them.
  • 30 Days. Documentary/reality show/social experiment. I -heart- Morgan Spurlock.
  • Reruns of Felicity. Reruns have reappeared on cable this summer after a long absence. I've already seen most of the episodes, but I think they're worth a second or third viewing, which for me is saying a lot. I like how the show is both funny and dramatic. The other night my (other) sister and I started talking about the characters on the show like they were real people. Which either shows that Felicity is really absorbing or that my sister and I are both a little nutty.

No comments: