Thursday, July 19, 2007

Mouse in the house

This is gross to admit but there are mice living in my house. In the past month or so I've seen mice scampering across the floor a few times, usually at night. A few weeks ago an exterminator gave my mom and I some sticky mousetraps to trap them but with no luck. Then this morning Mom found a fat mouse in the cupboard eating flour. She trapped it in there but the question is what are we going to do with it now? I don't want to kill it. Is it really so bad to have a few mice living in your house? Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Georgina Baeza said...

I've always had a soft side for mice. I don't think people get them because they're gross. When I was little, we lived next to a ditch, so it was pretty common to have mice and stuff. Once, my mom woke me up with her screams in the middle of the night because she found a mouse in the closet. I was like four and I remember sitting in bed, sleepy eyed, and saying, "Don't get scared Mom. Look at it, it's so cute, it looks like Jerry."

I don't have suggestions, but I don't think it's wrong. As long as they don't overrun your house. Plus, you never know, maybe you'll find a Remy in your kitchen one day.

Annette said...

It is funny to find a mouse in the kitchen after watching Ratatouille. I kept thinking about that scene where the old lady gets out the shotgun. If only all mice were cute little cartoon rodents like Remy.