Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Summer fun at the Diablos

I skipped Italian class yesterday in favor of baseball, $3 tacos, and fireworks. Yes, the Diablos. The tacos were a major disappointment with pre-packaged taco shells. That's blasphemy, especially in this town. And more points off for no salsa. I guess that's what you get for $3. The family and I had great seats in the sixth row near third base, and there were some pretty enthusiastic fans in our section. "It was IN!" this guy yelled, leaping out of his chair on a bad call by the umpire, nearly into the laps of the two people sitting next to him (including me). They also kept ribbing the other team's batters. A batter with shoulder-length blond hair is up: "Let's get Goldilocks out of here!" Then a guy who looked about my height (very short) goes to bat: "Who let the bat boy play?" Unfortunately the Diablos' effort came up short: they lost 9-6. On to fireworks. They were spectacular, as usual, with music from the EP Youth Symphony. The tacos were bad, the team lost, the fireworks were good, so they went one-for-three. Ah, whatever, I think it's impossible not to have a good time at a Diablos game.

No comments: